Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,
Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.
All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on
convert-me.com FaceBook pageThank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.
Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:33 pm
I need to replace some gas shocks made in Hollandn, I found an American source but the force is measured in pounds, not Newtons.Anyone here know how to convert 700 N to pounds force and 520 N to pounds?
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:15 pm
1 lbf (pound-force) = 4.448 222 N
For approximate answer just divide force in newtons by 4.45 to get pounds-force.
Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:01 am
I heard that 1 Newton is equal to 2 lbs
Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:34 pm
1 N is equal to 0.2248089lb
700n = 157.3663lbs
520n = 116.9007lbs.
hope that helps
Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:40 am
guest wrote:I need to replace some gas shocks made in Hollandn, I found an American source but the force is measured in pounds, not Newtons.
Very funky i love it. ?
More info
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.