Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

old russian measurement

Thu May 03, 2007 5:18 am

Help - I am trying to convert 241 3/4 sazhin, (a unit of, I think, area), used in 1879, into anything recognisable today.

All assistance gratefully appreciated!

Helen

Re: old russian measurement

Thu May 03, 2007 1:39 pm

Helen wrote:Help - I am trying to convert 241 3/4 sazhin, (a unit of, I think, area), used in 1879, into anything recognisable today.

All assistance gratefully appreciated!

Helen


Sazhen was a unit of length, see http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/un ... en.en.html

241 3/4 of sazhen equals to 515.8 meters or 1692 1/4 feet.

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement