Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

micrograms to ml

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:45 pm

I have a liquid medication, but I am told to administer it (to a dog) as a number of micrograms per kilogram of body weight. How would I know how many milliliters to use?

micrograms to mL

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:44 pm

check the drug literature that came with it (or ask the Vet) how many milligrams (or micrograms) of the medication are in a milliliter (there is no standard; every medication is different).

when you know the concentration of the medication (mg/mL, or ug/mL), then you can deteremine how much to administer.

converting micrograms to units

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:50 pm

I have a prescription for Symlin. How do I convert the micograms to the units on the syringe?

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement