Disscussing old, rare, very specific or otherwise uncommon units and measurements
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,
Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.
All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on
convert-me.com FaceBook pageThank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.
Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:51 pm
I have a Blackberry charger which says output 5Vd.c. 0,7A. I have another unknown brand extra charger that says output 4.5 - 9.5 VDC, 800mA. Can the unknown charger be safely used to charge my Blackberry charger? Can I assume 0,7A means 700mA which is close to the other one outputing 800mA. Is it ok that the 2 chargers differ by 100mA? Is it ok that one is 5 Vdc and the other is a range from 4.5 to 9.5 vdc? How can I restrict the 4.5 to 9.5 vdc charger to specifically output 5 vdc? I also have a Blackberry USB charging cable for my PC and it is exactly 5 vdc. I don't want to burn out my Blackberry.
More info
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.