You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,
Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.
All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on
convert-me.com FaceBook pageThank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.
Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:30 pm
All I see on any forum is SPAM! "Members" who post spam, such as the drug ads that no doubt are above and below this post, should be BANNED! I checked the profile of one such poster to find that they had made 1600 posts in TWO DAYS! Come on guys, is there a tool that automatically deletes ALL posts from a particular member? I suggest it be used. Select a drug ad's poster and hit delete, then do the next. It's the only way to maintain the quality of the board.
Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:06 pm
soopergrape wrote:All I see on any forum is SPAM! "Members" who post spam, such as the drug ads that no doubt are above and below this post, should be BANNED! I checked the profile of one such poster to find that they had made 1600 posts in TWO DAYS! Come on guys, is there a tool that automatically deletes ALL posts from a particular member? I suggest it be used. Select a drug ad's poster and hit delete, then do the next. It's the only way to maintain the quality of the board.
You are right and we are working on this. We deleted over 11,000 spam messages in last three days. This spam attack was tough, but now it's over.
We will not keep any spam message on our forum, though cleaning might take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
More info
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.