You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

recipe multiplier / fraction input/output

Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:31 pm

I've used the cooking converter a few times now and it was a great help in my cooking!

Anyway, I don't know if this was already suggested, but it would be more convenient if we could input measurements in fraction on the cooking converter aside from decimal inputs. Fractions, I think, is more commonly used as measurements than decimal numbers.

Also, can you add a feature where the user can input a list of ingredients from a recipe including the number of serving it yields, then convert all the measurements of the ingredients according to the new number of serving the user wants. Like for example, I have a recipe for 6 people/serving that I want to change the amount of the ingredients for 2 people/servings.

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement