You are welcome to suggest new categories, units and conversion calculators to be added to Convert-Me.Com
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,
Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.
All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on
convert-me.com FaceBook pageThank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.
Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 am
Thanks for having this conversion website up. I use it almost daily in my work.
One thing that would make things more efficient would be to have the Enter key activate the Convert button. As it is, I use my mouse to select the field I want, then I use the number pad to enter a value, then I go back to my mouse and click to convert. Allowing the Enter key to activate the conversion would effectively reduce a three step process to two steps. It may not seem like much, but that's 33%! When you spend your day in front of the computer, every click counts:)
Thanks for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Gene Heyman
Tue May 10, 2005 4:14 pm
Gene Heyman wrote:One thing that would make things more efficient would be to have the Enter key activate the Convert button.
Thank you for your suggestion. We'll think about implementing it. Meanwhile I can tell you that in most browsers you can currently click "Tab" key in order to activate the conversion.
Wed May 11, 2005 12:50 am
I'm glad to see you read my suggestion. Thank you for considering the change. Meanwhile, the "Tab" key tip is a big help. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Gene Heyman
More info
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.