Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

calculate density of a solid object

Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:40 am

I am in physical science and I have to calculate the density of a solid object that has a mass of 28.5 g and occupies a volume of 16.0 cm3. I think I divide but I am confused. I divided 2.85 by 16, can anyone tell me if I am doing this right? thanks

Re: calculate density of a solid object

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

mps wrote:I am in physical science and I have to calculate the density of a solid object that has a mass of 28.5 g and occupies a volume of 16.0 cm3. I think I divide but I am confused. I divided 2.85 by 16, can anyone tell me if I am doing this right? thanks


28.5 g/16 cm³ = 1.78 g/cm³,
that's all there is to it.

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement