Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.
Forum rules
Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,
Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.
All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on
convert-me.com FaceBook pageThank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.
Mon May 16, 2005 11:10 pm
Hi I am buliding a sand box it will be 4x6 and 6 inches deep. I'm tring to figure out how much sand I will need. I'm not sure if a 1/2 ton or a ton will be enough or not enough. Can you please help?
Thank you!
Mom in WV :D
Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:15 am
I will assume that the bulk density of your sand is 99 lb/ft³. Since you have not given me the units of the area of your sandbox, I will assume feet (ft). Therefore, the capacity of your sandbox will be 4.0 ft * 6.0 ft * 0.5 ft = 12 ft³. 99 lb/ft³ * 12 ft³ = 1 188 lb. Assuming short tons, 1 188 lb * 1 ton/2 000 lb = 0.594 ton (0.6 ton if you assume a maximum of one significant figure from the initial measurements). In conclusion, 1/2 ton will probably not be enough, but 6/10 ton will.
More info
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.