Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

round tank laying horizontal

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:25 pm

I have a tank that is 84" in diamiter and 18' long laying horizontal.
I am trying to figure out the gallons per inch and I am not that great in Math.
Can you plese help.
I try to use the chart and got no were.
thank you
David

Re: round tank laying horizontal

Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:53 pm

fancy wrote:I have a tank that is 84" in diamiter and 18' long laying horizontal.
I am trying to figure out the gallons per inch and I am not that great in Math.
Can you plese help.
I try to use the chart and got no were.
thank you
David

Re: round tank laying horizontal

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:14 pm

fancy wrote:I have a tank that is 84" in diamiter and 18' long laying horizontal.
I am trying to figure out the gallons per inch and I am not that great in Math.
Can you plese help.
I try to use the chart and got no were.
thank you
David

Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:33 pm

Scroll to bottom of this page (formula 25):
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/CylindricalSegment.html

Some unrelated topics appear first)

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement