Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Math Question - Help Needed

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:46 am

Hello,

I have 2122.4# of material and need to charge $20.00 per Net Ton handling. That handling charge then needs to be converted to $ per CWT ($per hundred weight).

Thanks to anyone who can explain the formula.

ruddfan4evr21

Re: Math Question - Help Needed

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 am

a hundred weight (which is your CWT) is equal to exactly 100 pounds and 1 net ton = 2000 pounds and finally, 1 hundredweight =112 pounds

So the way I am working it is:
2122.4/112 = 18.95cwt
and then I get stuck LOL but those are your conversions so from there you should be able to work it out

Re: Math Question - Help Needed

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 am

I need to solve a math problem actually geometric problem that related to numerical conversion of unit. I have a measurement of angle 456 degree and I have to convert it to radian. But how? I know conversion of degree to radian over the range 360 degree.

Re: Math Question - Help Needed

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm

abulton wrote:I need to solve a math problem actually geometric problem that related to numerical conversion of unit. I have a measurement of angle 456 degree and I have to convert it to radian. But how? I know conversion of degree to radian over the range 360 degree.


A spiral?

There are 2*PI radians in a circle (360 degrees), so there are PI radians in a half circle (180 degrees). Knowing that, we can use the formula: radians = degrees * (PI/180)

456ยบ * (PI/180) = 7.959 radians

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement