Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

power conversion

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:50 am

I am questioning my own simple math because the answers are the reciprocal of what I expected. What is the conversion formula for converting "grams/hp-hr (metric horsepower) to grams/kW-hr"?

Re: power conversion

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm

rem wrote:I am questioning my own simple math because the answers are the reciprocal of what I expected. What is the conversion formula for converting "grams/hp-hr (metric horsepower) to grams/kW-hr"?


Multiply "grams/hp(metric)-hr" by 1.3596 to convert to "grams/kW-hr"

Note: the above is for metric HP. For mechanical horsepower, multiply "grams/hp-hr" by 1.341 to convert to "grams/kW-hr"

Re: power conversion

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:14 am

Dirtman wrote:
Metric HP Formula:
Multiply "grams/hp(metric)-hr" by 1.3596 to convert to "grams/kW-hr"
mechanical horsepower, multiply "grams/hp-hr" by 1.341 to convert to "grams/kW-hr"


I am newbie and this formula is helpful for my business point of view. Thanks for sharing to this.

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement