Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Science Problem

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:22 am

I know it is pretty easy for some of you but I just don't get it.

"The mass of a Snickers bar is 8 g. What would its mass be on the moon?"

Please help can you please show me the work... like how you did it so I can understand it.
Thanks!

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:26 am

Could you hurry up cuz I need this by the 20th. I hope you guyz undastand.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:39 am

I'm not tring to be rude...

Re: Science Problem

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:58 pm

Roro wrote:I know it is pretty easy for some of you but I just don't get it.

"The mass of a Snickers bar is 8 g. What would its mass be on the moon?"

Please help can you please show me the work... like how you did it so I can understand it.
Thanks!


The mass does not change. What changes is the weight. If you'd throw your Snickers bar from a building roof, while flying down the bar will still have the same mass, but it will weigh nothing. As soon as it hits ground, it will instantly get it weight back (assuming the bar does not break apart).

Now, it you want to know what would be the weight of your snickers bar on the moon, you may find this link helpful: http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_ ... lanets.htm

mass is mass

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:23 pm

the mass on the moon is the same as on Earth (8g). The weight would be different, because you multiply the mass with the gravitational constant.

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement