Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

Help with porportional scale?

Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:38 pm

Is anyone here able to offer help with porportional stuff, converting small inches to larger measurements but keeping the object's porportions?

I have one object that's 1"w by 1.5" h. and I'm having to set it into a area that's dimensions are 7" by 9". On the smaller one I've already marked all my points of reference, and some of them are very tiny/specific, I used the 32nd mark on my ruler. But I suck at scale and mostly math as well. :roll: How is the best way for me to get these points I've already marked on the smaller object set in the correct space on the larger area? How do I change all these tiny 32nd and 16ths to the exact measurements for the large space?

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement