Try to post your problem here, there is a chance, someone clever will help you.

Forum rules

Dear convert-me.com forum visitors,

Our forum has been available for many years. In September 2014 we decided to switch it to read-only mode. Month after month we saw less posts with questions and answers from real people and more spam posts. We were spending more and more resources cleaning the spam until there were less them 1 legitimate message per 100 spam posts. Then we decided it's time to stop.

All the posts in the forum will be available and searchable. We understand there are a lot of useful information and we aren't going to remove anything. As for the new questions, you can always ask them on convert-me.com FaceBook page

Thank you for being with us and sorry for any inconveniences this could caused.

How to convert to square yards

Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:58 pm

I have an "L" shaped room and want to get the area of the floor in square yards.

In feet I have measured the width (of the widest part of the L) is 16 feet and the length is 8 feet.
(a rectangle)

The smaller part of the L is 8 feet by 10 feet (another rectangle). so the total area I think is 208 feet square?

Is this correct and how do I get it into square yards as the price of the flooring I was looking at is priced in euro per square yard?

Thanks for any help in advance....

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:13 pm

3 feet/per yard. In square measure, 3 feet/yd x 3 feet/yard = 9 sq ft per yd, so 23.1 yd^2.

Are you sure it is square yards? England doesn't use the Euros and I thought all the countries that did were metric. It would be 19.3 m^2.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:33 pm

I'm not in England. Ireland still uses square yards and it is definetely square yards.

Thanks for your help.

More info

List of all units you can convert online
Metric conversion
Convert pounds to gallons
Convert grams to cups
Grams to milliliters
Imperial vs US Customary
History of measurement